This award is presented during the International Congresses of Turkish Orthodontic Society, in memory of Prof. Ayhan Enacar.
Prof. Ayhan Enacar, a doyen in Turkish orthodontics, was born in 1954, in Ankara. Having started his education in Barbaros Primary School, Dr. Enacar completed secondary school in Yenimahalle Secondary School and completed his high school education in Tevfik Fikret High School. He received a part of his high school education in Strasbourg Gimnase Jean Strum in France where they moved due to his mother’s profession. He started studying dentistry in Ankara University in 1971. He took violin lessons from Prof. Koral Çalgan ever since his primary school years to his faculty years.
His poems, written during his years in Ankara University, School of Dentistry, were published in the journals, “Türkiye Yazıları”, “Türk Dili” and “Ilgaz”. Between the years 1977-1979, he was given a spot in the “promising poets” section of “Varlık Yıllığı” journal alongside his peers Enis Batur and Murathan Mungan.
Having graduated from Ankara University School of Dentistry in 1976, he started his postgraduate studies in orthodontics in Hacettepe University, Faculty of Dentistry, in 1977. He became a specialist in 1981, and an Associate Professor in 1985. He was appointed as a Professor in 1993. He founded the Orthodontic Society upon his teacher Prof. Serpil Aytan’s request. Along with Prof. İlter Uzel, they later changed the name to “Turkish Orthodontic Society”. He was elected as the President of the Turkish Orthodontic Society in 2000. He was a member of The Turkish Orthodontic Society, European Orthodontic Society, World Federation of Orthodontists, CleftPalate Craniofacial Association, and The New York Academy of Sciences.
Prof. Ayhan Enacar, who passed away in 2004, had numerous national and international publications, wrote books and chapters. Apart from national and international congress presentations, and presenting lectures on “Bioprogressive Therapy”, Dr. Enacar contributed to the education of many orthodontists.
The application requirements for the Ayhan Enacar Case Presentation Award are listed below:
- This is an oral case presentation.
- The case presentation should be unpublished.
- The presenter can be a resident or a specialist graduated maximum five years ago from an orthodontic postgraduate program.
- The candidates should apply for the award during the submission and must upload a 5-slide-long presentation during the abstract submission before the deadline. The case presentation will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and the author will be notified about its suitability for the Ayhan Enacar Case Presentation Award.
- The evaluation result of the Scientific Committee will be announced during the congress / symposium.
- The Turkish Orthodontic Society reserves the right to determine the price of the Ayhan Enacar Case Presentation Award.
- Ayhan Enacar Case Presentation Award will be given after reaching enough number of application eligible for award by the decision of the scientific committee.